Aftermarket floor shifters (Impala and Speco)

Cars and items for sale.

Aftermarket floor shifters (Impala and Speco)

by Harv » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:44 am

Ladies and gents,

I’ve got a couple of red motor crashbox floor shifters that I am looking to sell. I’ll offer them up here first, to give ou guys a shot before I throw them on eBay.

The first is an Impala Model 701 floor shifter to suit the Holden red motor 3-speed non-synchro gearbox (EJ, EH and HK Holdens). The shifter will not fit the earlier grey motor crashbox (FX-EK) nor the later Aussie 3-speed gearbox (HK-HZ and LC-LX Toranas). This is an aftermarket shifter to replace the original factory column shifter, built by Impala Performance Products. Shifter is inline pattern, not H-pattern. Full details of the shifter including shift pattern and disassembly details here:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/141577453/FB- ... ASTS-GUIDE
The shifter has been fully disassembled, and all parts cleaned and oiled with light machine oil. Linkages included as shown... no need to spend hours to make your own. Longer mounting bolts and spacers are required to fit to the gearbox sideplate and have been provided in the plastic baggy. Wave washers have been replaced as needs be and shims added to remove any slop - shifter is ready to bolt on and will not be sloppy. There are some light spotting marks to the chrome shifter handle but generally pretty good condition.
I’m looking for $95 for this shifter. Would also be happy to swap for four greasy, dirty grey-motor Stromberg carbs.

The second shifter is a Speco Speedshift floor shifter, again to suit the red motor crashbox. This is an aftermarket shifter to replace the original factory column shifter, built by Speco Thomas. Shifter is H-pattern, not inline pattern. The link above again gives full details including shift pattern and disassembly details. Shifter has again been fully dissassembled, and all parts cleaned and oiled, and shimmed up. Linkages and mounting bolts included as shown. The chrome handle requires either rechroming or painting – probably OK for a daily driver, but no show pony.
I’m looking for $80 for this shifter. Would also be happy to swap for three greasy, dirty grey-motor Stromberg carbs.

Both overhauled shifters have been trial fitted to an EH gearbox and confirmed as working correctly (with thanks to the gentleman from Richmond who lent me the gearbox).

Either shifter can be picked up from Greystanes in western Sydney. I can also post via Australia Post registered parcel at whatever it costs me – this is typically about $20 give or take. Shifters are available for pick-up of post in about 3 weeks time.

I’ve also got a couple of shifters to suit Aussie 3-speed if anyone is interested (though a little off-topic for here).

Cheers,
Harv

Re: Aftermarket floor shifters (Impala and Speco)

by Harv » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:46 am