rods racks

Everything non car related such as welcome's, forums questions and updates, etc.

rods racks

by 64v8wagon » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:18 pm

Hi all, this is a long shot but I am looking for anyone who is using a Rods Racks rear mount Commodore rack in Brisbane. I have one in my wagon with HQ steering arms and want to convert to HR arms to improve the ark mans ark. The steering arms have different tapers to accept the tie rod ends. I need to know what tie rod ends to buy.
roam wasn't built in a day

Re: rods racks

by purr_pul_eh » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:09 am

i have HQ stubs with torana front rack but i had my tapers reversed to suit ya need the short HQ 1 tonner ones i think from memory

by Rob » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:24 pm

I have the instructions that Rod gave me with my rack ... let me know if you have no
luck and i will find them as it mentioned the stubs from hq etc

by 64v8wagon » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:00 pm

Hi Rob, sorry I have taken so long to reply just been out of action for a while. I have a rear mount rack with HQ stubs and rotors. I was wanting to know if I can replace the HQ steering arms with HG arms for better arcman and what position the rack should be mounted in (to the top or bottom of the mount brackets?).

thanks

by Rob » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:50 am

Hi , also late reply .. i am confused your comment mounting the rack above or below the brackets as mine ( genuine rods rack conversion) can only go one way .. and that is between the brackets as they sandwich the rack mount.
Control arms from memory i have HQ 1 tonner i believe they are shorter than standard.

cheers

by 64v8wagon » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:31 pm

Hi Rod, thanks for the reply and sorry for the confusion. What I was trying to find out was where the spacers go, on top or below the rack in between the mounts. I have worked it out and all is good.