EH Engine Mounts

Everything non car related such as welcome's, forums questions and updates, etc.

EH Engine Mounts

by Carpet56 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:39 pm

Hi guys, I know this might sound like a silly question but it probably matters. I have had the 179 and tranny rebuilt and am putting back into the shell tomorrow and was wondering on what side of the mounting brackets which come off the sides of the motor does the rubber engine mounts sit when bolted with the 2 small bolts, in front of the bracket or behind. I think when we pulled the car apart 2 years ago that the mounts sat in front of the brackets off the motor. I have looked at pictures of engine bays and 90 percent show sitting behind and the rest show in front. Which is correct. If as i think mine were does it push back the motor too far. Ta in advance.
Glenn

Re: EH Engine Mounts

by claysummers » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:23 am

Prolly not much help as motors I have have been played with and fit to FBs and EKs, but I can’t see why this one would’ve been changed and the mounts are bolted in front. My other motor has driver side mount behind the bracket and passenger side in front but I reckon I played around to line things up with my HR frontend.

Re: EH Engine Mounts

by Carpet56 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:03 pm

Well i decided to go with engine mounts in front of motor brackets and everything seem to line up underneath with tranny mounts etc. Hopefully after this week i should be able to get the car to the panel shop for paint job.
Thanks Glenn