Install under dash air vent

Interior discussion.

Install under dash air vent

by Carpet56 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:01 pm

I am just about to install my air vent under the dash on the eh and somehow i must have deleted the photos i took before stripping it out 2 years ago. Could i please ask if someone could take a couple of pics for me of the vent installed and how the cable from the control on the dash is attached to the vent. Any tips or tricks getting it to work properly would be appreciated.
Ta Glenn

Re: Install under dash air vent

by Ray » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:29 pm

Hi Glenn, Shown below is a picture of the vent installed from the top side (before I reinstalled the top of the plenum)

you need to install the cable first. then attach the cable to the shaft. then install and do up the screws from under the dash.

IMG_7314.jpg
IMG_7314.jpg (51.19 KiB) Viewed 244 times

Re: Install under dash air vent

by Carpet56 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:26 am

Thanks Ray, that is just what i was looking for. I had not seen it from that view before as i guess i was lucky that my plenum was as new, no rust whatsoever but full of what looked like pine needles or something like that. Anywho that will get me back on track. What a great site this is where you can ask a question and get help from others who have been there and done that.
Cheers Glenn